Copywriters need marketing too!
Have you ever tried getting those high-profile clients that pay the big bucks? Do you feel as if you don’t market yourself the right way?
Author and marketing guru Chris Marlow shares how she took her relationship with a copywriting agent and transformed it into a resource for copywriters to learn the rules of how to get ahead. The first notable copywriting coach, Chris started with a newsletter that developed into the Marlow marketing method, a six-month course that shows how to get the business and clients you want.
In this podcast, Chris shares the insights, knowledge, and inspiration behind her eBook, Marketing for Copywriters: How to get Great Clients.
- The fundamentals of marketing yourself as a copywriter and problem-solver.
- How to shift your mindset from just a copywriter to a business model.
- The secret behind client acquisition and picking the right clients for you.
- Getting to the right person at the right time.
- How to create a formula that works.
Notable quotes from Chris:
- “We tend not to think of ourselves as business because we are individuals. We are businesses even if we are just one person marketing to other businesses.”
- “You’re going to be looking at what is the main motivator. The only reason any business exists is to solve a problem for someone else.”
- “I’m very specific about how I work with clients. I like to target them using direct mail. I pre-qualify them.”
- “SEO is one of the most important things that you can do online because you want to be found and it really does work.”
5-Star WriterAccess writer Allaire W is has over twenty years experience in the Marketing, Literary and Communications industries.