Tom W - High Tech Writer
|Star Rating||4 Stars|
|Location||Long Beach, CA|
Summary of High Tech ExperienceAs Signatec's Director of Marketing and Sr. Copywriter, Tom:
* Established Signatec as preferred supplier to SRI International for a multimillion dollar renewable contract, resulting in a $500,000 contract order in 2006, a Small Business Contractor of the Year nomination in 2010 and a $1.2 million contract order in 2011.
* Restored strained or fractured relationships with key customers, resulting in millions of dollars in revenue through new or re-compete contracts.
* Achieved Page One organic ranking on Google for keyword search terms by developing and implementing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies, eliminating the need for Google AdWord sponsored search placement.
* Initiated and established Signatec as a Xilinx Alliance Program partner, a selective and strategic FPGA development program providing free, unlimited ICE seats.
* Proposed solution and led Signatec into strategic Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) projects with Massachusetts General Hospital and global affiliates, achieving over $300,000 in new system sales.
* Initiated and sustained a project management system for engineering department's new product development process, optimizing limited resources to reduce bottlenecks.
* Implemented customer Tech Case system, reducing response and completion times from months to days.
* Developed and secured distribution partnership with Myung Jin Systems in South Korea, Embed Technologies in India, EHS in Germany and EADS in France.
* Initiated and secured Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA) with the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) to deliver an advanced liquid food processing monitoring system.
* Wrote all marketing collateral copy, web content, press releases and technical byline articles.
* Directed website design and layout.