Career and Experience
2012-2014 Creator and content writer for a number of websites.
- the forex markets including trading strategies and fundamental economic and political factors;
- British and American politics, history, society and culture.
- Golf instruction and equipment.
2005-2012 Customer Service
Worked on a number of temporary assignments for a major UK supermarket loyalty scheme. Role involved processing customer orders and complaints handling by post, e-mail and phone.
2005 – present Content and Article Writer
Writer of articles, blog posts and general content for a number of commercial websites, particularly focusing on the health, fitness and business sectors.
Wrote sales copy for a number of commercial clients and successful fund-raisers for a UK political party.
1998 – 2000 Writer of Weekly Financial Newsletter
Researched and wrote a weekly news digest as consultant for a leading London insurance market company. Focused particularly on political and regulatory developments which could impact client’s business.
1990 – 1998 Lloyd’s of London Insurance Market
Work within the Regulatory Services Division of this major financial institution included researching and drafting numerous technical and policy papers for consideration by the Council of Lloyds.
• Some knowledge of website design using WordPress Themes
• Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
• Social Media, particularly Facebook Pages and Twitter
• Pay-per-click marketing, especially Facebook and Google Adwords
Currently researching and writing a book on Winston Churchill’s relationship with the British press in the years between 1874 and 1915