Using a content planner is a great way to not only organize the scheduling of your content, but to create a focused plan that will allow you to maximize the effectiveness of your content.
With content planning, not only will you be able to stay on top of the best times to post content, but you’ll also be able to take advantage of content strategy and use the editorial calendar to make content work for your business on every level.
Here are just a few of the ways that using the new WriterAccess content planner will revolutionize what content can do for you.
1. Segmented content planning at intervals: One great way to target the right audience and keep it growing — while ensuring that the existing audience remains engaged — is to have segmented content planning at intervals.
Depending on what you’re promoting, you can choose the perfect theme to create an ideal mix of variety and consistency.
A florist might institute TulipTuesday, while a fitness-based company will always want to take advantage of Workout Wednesday. You’ll be able to hit the right targets without scrambling for new material, but also avoiding repeating yourself.
2. Track and optimize keywords: Using keywords well is vital. But between keeping track of the right ones to seamlessly integrating them into your content, it can be tough.
Using the right content planner will allow you to track and optimize keywords, so that you can use them aggressively — but without causing algorithms to work against you.
3. All your ideas, in one place: The lifeblood of the content strategist is based in ideas. They come quick, and while you might have a great idea now, it might not be in you or your clients’ best interest to implement it now.
Sure, you could jot the idea down in a variety of places, from a Notes App on your phone to the old fashioned post-it.
But our planner allows you to enter it directly into a system that not only allows you to enter the best timeline for the idea, but makes sure that the formatting is perfect for sharing with clients and colleagues with the click of a button.
4. Comprehensive search function: The bane of content planning will always be finding new material that’s fresh and engaging.
A comprehensive search function within our content planner allows you to generate new ideas by mining previous posts to find themes that have been successful, all while ensuring that you’re never repeating yourself.
5. Built-in editorial calendar: Of course, any good website content planner wouldn’t be complete without a fully functional editorial calendar, as our Timeline View provides.
You’ll never miss a deadline by having a single place where you can plan your content, see when it needs to be completed, delivered, and launched.
Alexandra M is a writer and content strategist for WriterAccess, who specializes in understanding a client’s needs and creating the perfect voice for the intended audience.