Specialties include technical writing including white papers about information system technology and software system design, test and implementation.
Computer software design and implementation life cycle models and design approaches.
* With over 10 years of technical writing related experience writing and editing a variety of project specific technical documents including engineering plans, procedures, work instructions and technical material for proposals. Also write and edit engineering documents describing strategies for software testing as well as for IV and V test support.
* Focus on clarity and quality in documents authored and edited. As needed lead project engineering and technical writing teams and manage process implementation. As part of this effort conduct project gap studies to measure existing compliance with standards such as the Capability Maturity Model Integrated and ITIL.
* Author working papers and technical reports documenting software configuration management and quality engineering support to the software life cycle. As part of this task review and evaluate requirements and requirement testability. Use graphics tools such as Visio for documenting software process and procedure flow.
As a software engineer and also as a technical writer supported multiple software and computer projects for the Federal Government as both a federal employee and as a consulted. Projects supported command, control, communications, intelligence along with air traffic and satellite related computer applications. All of these projects involved multiple applications of computer and communication technology.
As a software engineer and also as a technical writer supported multiple software and computer projects for the Federal Government as both a federal employee and as a consulted. Projects supported command, control, communications, intelligence along with air traffic and satellite related computer applications.
* Wrote and edited quality engineering (QE) and configuration management (CM) plans, procedures and work instructions including test procedures and scripts. Supported project CM and QE life cycle tasks and activities and CMMI assessment preparation. Developed internal work instructions and processes as needed for data management version control and CM and QE auditing. Included were plans and procedures for the implementation of in house CM and QE processes to support new business. Used graphics tools such as Visio for documenting software process and procedure flow as a part of this task.
* Reviewed and edited software development plans and specifications for computer software projects. Updated and edited project software quality engineering process handbooks used by project engineers and managers.
* Wrote and edited test program evaluation manuals for use by project engineers that outlined and described proposed software test strategies and planned project life cycle support. As part of this task reviewed and evaluated software requirement testability and traceability.
* Wrote and edited a software quality engineering handbook describing software engineering tools and techniques in support of the software life cycle. This handbook was published as a customer sponsored working paper.
This writer does not have any industry experience listed on their profile.