- Documentation for end customers of software or other products
- Anticipation of likely customer questions and areas of confusion
- Communication with the source of the original information, including engineers as well as government agencies such as the IRS to ensure the guidance provided is complete and accurate
- Explaining complex tax and technical concepts in easy-to-understand ways by drawing parallels to real-world examples, using metaphors, and providing graphic/visual presentations whenever possible.
- Microsoft Office, including plugins for environments such as Eclipse
Taxation, software development, training, nonprofit
Stephanie graduated as a member of Beta Alpha Psi, a national Honor Society for students majoring in accounting, finance, and information systems. Serving as a student advisor for incoming freshmen, she discovered her love of sharing information and clarity before leaving Texas A&M, and has carried that passion throughout her career.
A technical documentation specialist at Intuit is responsible for updating and maintaining contextual program help and technical bulletins. These materials are targeted for consumption by accounting professionals producing income tax returns using the Lacerte and ProConnect Tax Online software programs.
A creative workshop instructor must be able to capture and keep the interest of all ages and skill levels. Students enrolled in a card making or scrapbooking workshop is just as likely to be a professional seeking new ideas as they are a first-time crafter. Workshop materials are required to be clear and easy for the enrollees to repeat on their own again and again.
Writers communicating information on the behalf of a nonprofit organization must first know the target audience. A parent visiting an elementary school PTA website is seeking information vastly different than that sought by a reader of a newsletter distributed by the School Districtâ€™s governing PTA Council. Without personally knowing the consumer of the information, a documentation specialist cannot serve the organization.
Facebook posts are an essential part of operating a successful business today. Stephanie H. Broyles Income Tax Preparation uses social media to keep customers informed and engaged, and to maintain a position as a trusted and friendly expert.