• Economic Development Implementation and Administration
• Business Attraction and Retention
• Entitlement processing and assistance - “both sides of the counter”
• Public/Private Partnership development and facilitation
• Development agreement facilitations and negotiations
• Public and PPP project financing
• Commercial Property Tenanting Assistance
• Real Estate Site Selection
• Municipal Program Development and Management
• Interdepartmental Team Coordination and Project Facilitation
• Municipal Committees Facilitation
• Small Business Start-up Assistance
• Business Assistance Facilitation and Counseling
• Multi-Project and Priority Management
• Budget preparation, management, and monitoring
• One-Stop Shop – Development Services Programs Development and Organization
• Business Improvement District Liaison and Assistance
• Business Loan Program Development, Marketing, Underwriting and Monitoring
• Façade (Commercial) Rehab Project Facilitation
• Redevelopment and Commercial Property Management
• HUD/CDBG, HCD & HOME funds and project management and underwriting
• Small Business Incubator Development
• RFP/RFQ Development, Negotiations, and Management
• Community Group Coordination and Communications
• Brownfield Redevelopment Project Management
• Deadline Delivery and Management
• Federal and State Grant Writing and Management
• Organizational Branding and Marketing
• Public Speaking and Presentations
• Interagency Relations
• International Trade Mission Development and Coordination
• Business Sales and Acquisitions (Restaurants, Professional Services and Retail)
• Large-scale Meeting and Conference Planning
• Real Estate License
• Military Base Reuse Project Management
• Small Business Sales
• Residential and commercial real estate
-Quirky creative writing
Shelli completed both her bachelors and masters degrees, simultaneously, while in graduate school.
Shelli's municipal economic development career encompassed: city management, business assistance, permit processing, community event development, film permitting, as well as small business incubator development, and municipal marketing and branding.
She has written hundreds of public documents, including city council reports, press releases, and marketing projects.
Small Business, Retail, and Real Estate Experience:
Shelli understands the needs of individually owned and operated businesses and how to convey messages that will resonate with them. As a successful Business Broker, she has a solid background in business sales and acquisitions. She has written numerous articles relating to her expertise in selling restaurants, retail, and various service and professional businesses. Her background in small business and restaurant permitting, and liquor licensing, adds to her knowledgebase. Additionally, as a former multi-store retail manager and through an executive management program, she can write on topics relating to retail operations. Shelli also has experience in facilitating entitlements for land developments. She can write compelling content regarding commercial entitlements, with expertise in California projects.
Shelli writes newsletters to engage communities. The newsletters are informative and can vary in style from bureaucratic to pithy. Event-driven newsletters are her specialty. Such pieces are often written to also serve as informal press releases. When appropriate, Shelli can include interviews and archival content. She also enjoys writing newsletters for clubs.
She has written content for several business broker websites. She has also written articles on commercial land development and successfully dealing with municipal governments.