Beth applies her passion for writing to help her clients better connect with their audiences.
She is a people person who enjoys engaging with clients to learn about their business and their goals. She is a B2B master who can tailor her writing style to match any client's voice. She can effortlessly switch hats and compose an employee-focused announcement or executive communication. Supporting sales organizations, marketing departments, executive leadership, and human resources are her specialty.
She has written both corporately and independently.
Beth specializes in writing about:
- Healthcare & Health Insurance
Writing, reading, traveling, crafting and event planning are Maribeth's main interests. She launched a personal blog as a creative outlet where she shares her passions with the world.
She is also an aspiring author, with several manuscripts waiting to be discovered.
Earned a degree in Journalism with a minor in Marketing. Her studies focused on copywriting and marketing-style writing.
Maribeth pursued a Master of Science in Communication to enhance her communication skills.
Supported Global Manufacturing Company's Vertical Markets division and Executive Communications. Advised, wrote, and edited content specific to each Vertical Market. Content included a webpage, brochure, case studies, sell sheets, road maps, and success stories.
- Developed messaging and wrote content for various marketing projects, including corporate capabilities booklet, industry brochures, executive presentations, sales presentations, website, press releases, letters, interactive media, and ads
- Key contact for corporate alliance partners
- Support and advise executive team on communication strategies for engagement with partners, vendors, customers, and other external audiences
- Engage with the global sales organization to develop and plan effective marketing and PR strategies to improve engagement with potential customers, and strengthen existing customer relationships
- Supported Executives with message development and writing of internal communications, letters, and presentations.
- Consultant on corporate identity issues to ensure proper usage and interpretation of the corporate brand.
- Identified, researched, and wrote articles for worldwide employee magazine.
Maribeth has written articles for publications and blogs, including her own blog. She researches and pitches article ideas that will attract and engage readers. Her primary focus is family travel ideas and tips.
Maribeth has written numerous communication pieces for a variety of companies within the financial sector.
Some notable projects include:
• Developed messaging and wrote content for various marketing projects, including brochures, executive communications, sales presentations, event mailers, press releases, letters, tradeshow graphics, and ads
• Managed the extension of the brand identity throughout all marketing communication elements and across functional areas to ensure marketing programs deliver against brand objectives
• Coordinated and managed project resources, including agencies, printers, photographers, graphic designers, and copywriters. Authorized and managed all work by outside agencies and vendors for the creation and production of promotional materials; ensuring compliance with brand standards.
• Wrote content for the area’s intranet and extranet portals, brochures, presentations, press releases, letters
Maribeth writes articles that focus on family travel and travel tips. She is an experienced global traveler, who applies her knowledge to blog posts and magazine articles. She writes about places she has visited, and places on her wish list. She relies on her super-sleuth research skills to gather information about destinations she has not visited. One of her favorite articles was about Rio, which she crafted via local interviews and online research.
Maribeth writes both pitched and assigned articles.
Maribeth's client list includes a few non-profits. She has written and edited annual reports for these clients and consulted on PR projects.
• Member Corporate editorial board for a national e-magazine for brokers and employers
• Illinois plan editor/writer for quarterly Member magazine
• Evaluated and updated Illinois plan website content to reflect the new branding
• Member of the corporate brand launch team, responsible for launching new brand signature, attributes, and guidelines to Illinois plan. Managed rebranding of all Illinois materials for b-to-b and b-to-c audiences.
• Managed collateral development to positively position the company in the marketplace, including member materials and brochures, broker packages and promotions and ads
• Member of the editorial team who planned, wrote, edited, published monthly member newspaper with a circulation of 300,000
- Associate Editor for published monthly member newspaper with 300,000+ circulation. Planned editorial calendar, researched, wrote, and edited articles. Required online and in-person research, including phone interviews.
- Editor/writer for a quarterly member e-magazine
- Editor/writer for a national monthly customer e-magazine
- Editor writer for a worldwide monthly employee magazine
Wrote and edited web content for six companies, including Manufacturing, Finance, Healthcare, and Engineering.
- Manager and author of a personal blog focusing on family fun and family travel topics
- Contributing writer for family travel blog; pitched, researched, and wrote about travel tips, destination itineraries, lodging suggestions, and activity recommendations.
- Contributing writer for Chicago area family magazine and blog
Maribeth has extensive experience writing, editing, and advising on brochure development. She can help your company present your message in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
Some examples include:
- Global Corporate
Maribeth can write and edit email copy that your clients and targets will want to read. She can advise on appropriate messaging for your specific communication goals and target audiences.
Introducing your company, executives, and other business leaders helps your clients get to know you. Maribeth has written and edited corporate profiles and employee bios for websites, brochures, presentations, and other communications.
Maribeth has experience working with editorial calendars and newsletter development. She served on a corporate editorial board, advising on article ideas, newsletter themes, and introduced new sections to highlight the company and also engage the readers.
Presentations are a highly effective way to communicate specific messages to your audience. Maribeth can help you craft the right message and develop a presentation that will create interest, answer questions and differentiate your company from your competitors.
If your clients, employees, or prospects have questions, you should be the one to give them the answers. Become their resource. Maribeth can interview subject-matter experts and write FAQs that effectively answer questions.
Explaining your product to your audiences is critical to your company's success. Working directly with your subject-matter experts, Maribeth can write accurate product descriptions that focus on the key selling points of that item.
She can apply this knowledge to create materials designed to educate internal audiences, such as sales, customer service or executives.
Clients have remarked that are impressed with her "ability to take complex ideas, products, and technology and create easily-understandable communication pieces tailored to specific audiences, without losing sight of the original message."