Curriculum development, non-profit writing, content development, instructional design, grant writing, learning experience design consultation, training design, networking and community organizing, editing
Education, e-learning, blended learning, content creation, editing, developing learning assets that support learning/training opportunities
Studied educational administration
My work spans industry depending on the area of expertise the client seeks.
Non-profit: grant writing, curriculum design, content development, professional development, articles, blog
Corporate: Articles, blogs, L&D collateral, instructional design, training development, white papers, storyboarding virtual training/learning events, e_learning
Educational media: Lesson plans, discussion, instructional, and study guides, articles
Educational Writing & Consulting – Brooklyn, NY 1996-Present
Independent contractor with 25+ years of professional experience. Provide professional expertise and support in learning design, content development, writing and editing (with educational bent), grant writing, and program development and management.
Non-profit, education, and business writing Create a variety of materials for non-profits and businesses that pinpoint successes, highlight best practices and trends, and underscore impact. Develop concise, crisp, and detailed products. Retain a strong a portfolio of over 40+ items that include published articles, best practices guides, strategic plans, qualitative assessments, technical documents, program recommendations, newsletters,
discussion guides, etc.
Learning Experience Designer
• Conceptualize digital and print instructional strategy and collateral for corporations, non-profit
organizations, and media entities serving range of learners.
• Conduct needs and task analyses to identify and develop educational programs.
• Collaborate with clients and SMEs to create virtual and instructor-led blended learning programs.
• Develop deliverables such as eLearning and face-to-face courses/modules, self-study material, skills and
knowledge assessments, on-the-job-learning, job aides, facilitator and participant guides, facilitation
• Storyboard interactive learning objects and scaffolded content in line with learning objectives.
• Inform visual and video elements of learning products in partnership with creative/development teams.
• Review course content to suggest content and multimedia enhancements and/or edit content.
• Apply modern instructional and learning techniques, practices, and theories to content development.
• Coach, mentor, and train learning and development professionals, curriculum developers, etc.
• Produce range of marketing/informational content on learning/instructional trends and practices.
• Possess strong writing, communication, organizational, conceptual, and project management skills.
Successful grant writer with capacity for raising funds for broad base of non-profit organizations addressing a range of causes and audiences.
Create blog posts for blended learning company, online grant writing site. Capable of producing pieces across content areas.
Produce white papers for blended learning industry. Topics are centered on critical learning approaches and tools.
Write short pieces to include in product newsletters, in this case directed to parents. Draw on excellent interview, research, and writing skills to address critical issues and frame context.
Wrote Interaith Understanding:Possibilities for Schools Book introducing youth-focused programs as effective models that promote multi-faith understanding in schools of all types.
Write across a range of topics using solid interview and research skills to get at the heart of the story.
Create storyboards and scripts for a variety of elearning programs and initiatives (videos, authoring software, etc.)