Curriculum development, non-profit writing, content development, instructional design, grant writing, learning experience design consultation, training design, networking and community organizing
Education, e-learning, blended learning, development of broad range of written materials, from white papers, to reports, to articles
Studied educational administration
Educational Writing & Consulting – Brooklyn, NY 1996-Present
Independent contractor with 25+ years of professional experience. Provide professional expertise and support in learning design, content development, writing and editing (with educational bent), grant writing, and program development and management.
Non-profit, education, and business writing Create a variety of materials for non-profits and businesses that pinpoint successes, highlight best practices and trends, and underscore impact. Develop concise, crisp, and detailed products. Retain a strong a portfolio of over 40+ items that include published articles, best practices guides, strategic plans, qualitative assessments, technical documents, program recommendations, newsletters,
discussion guides, etc.
Learning Experience Designer
• Conceptualize digital and print instructional strategy and collateral for corporations, non-profit
organizations, and media entities serving range of learners.
• Conduct needs and task analyses to identify and develop educational programs.
• Collaborate with clients and SMEs to create virtual and instructor-led blended learning programs.
• Develop deliverables such as eLearning and face-to-face courses/modules, self-study material, skills and
knowledge assessments, on-the-job-learning, job aides, facilitator and participant guides, facilitation
• Storyboard interactive learning objects and scaffolded content in line with learning objectives.
• Inform visual and video elements of learning products in partnership with creative/development teams.
• Review course content to suggest content and multimedia enhancements and/or edit content.
• Apply modern instructional and learning techniques, practices, and theories to content development.
• Coach, mentor, and train learning and development professionals, curriculum developers, etc.
• Produce range of marketing/informational content on learning/instructional trends and practices.
• Possess strong writing, communication, organizational, conceptual, and project management skills.
Conduct in-depth needs assessments to focus on organizational services, growth areas, desires, and
goals; and identify corresponding research to build convincing funding case. Engineer new initiatives and budgets
to elevate services and positive outcomes for constituents. Track multiple traditional and non-traditional grant
sources to substantially diversify financial support. Compose compelling, cohesive letters of inquiry, funding
proposals, and stewardship reports. Develop comprehensive profiles across myriad causes, from food justice and
youth gardening, to bias awareness, to health issues, to educational concerns. Partner closely with relevant
organizational staff to frame funding "pitches" and establish relationships with potential funders. To date, have
secured new and renewed foundation, municipal, and corporate grants for range of non-profit programming,
resulting in over $3.5 million and increased revenue upwards of 200%.
Create blog posts for blended learning company, online grant writing site. Capable of producing pieces across content areas.
Produce white papers for blended learning industry. Topics are centered on critical learning approaches and tools.