- Contributing to and designing mechanisms for Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting at all stages of the process.
- English-Spanish translation.
- Formal academic writing in the humanities, especially political science, sociology, and history.
- Extensive knowledge regarding the Bolivian beer industry.
1. Issues in climate change and the environment, such as innovations for to adapt to and mitigate the effects of climate change, as well as water policy, management, and issues surrounding the privatization of water supplies.
2. International aid and development generally, with expertise on issues surrounding Bolivia, such as the price of quinoa and its influence on growers and public health, Bolivian indigenous movements, and Bolivian domestic politics.
3. Culture and its forms of production, specifically regarding conceptions of masculinity in Latin America and what these mean for issues of violence and poverty
4. Food and drink culture, with extensive knowledge and experience writing about international craft beer movements, and other interests in encouraging people to cook their own food and eat healthier diets.
Earned a Commonwealth of Pennsylvania secondary science teaching certificate through the Graduate School of Education.
Earned a bachelor's degree in the political science department.
Worked in Bolivia as a low-level manager for an international non-profit serving numerous office support roles. Provided administrative and analytical support for the publications put together by the country office, including contextual analysis, editing, English-Spanish translation, and policy writing.
Primarily focused on travel writing within the context of beer blogging, but also had an article commissioned by a mainstream beer magazine for their web content. Topics have largely focused on the small Bolivian craft beer scene, but have also included forays into Chilean, Argentine, Chinese, and Vietnamese beer as well.
Have been blogging regularly since 2004 for various outlets on topics including music review, concert reviews, religion, politics, international aid and development, beer, and brewing.