Paul's skills include:
- Content creation â€“ Writing beautiful, compelling content that makes a difference.
- Tutorial and guide creation â€“ Outlines, content, review, collaboration and publication.
- Providing context â€“ Creating media and sharing information to explain key points.
- Simplification â€“ Breaking down subjects and building informative guides and tools.
- Project â€“ Planning, managing, and delivering short and medium-term projects.
- Communications â€“ Planning, creating, managing, and delivering information.
- Review, analysis, and critique â€“ Objective review and analysis with constructive feedback.
- Process improvement â€“ Understanding and changing processes to save time and effort.
- Customer experience â€“ Understanding and enhancing the customer perspective.
- Surveys and feedback â€“ Using feedback to identify improvements and share trends.
- Research â€“ Asking questions, gathering information,â€‹ and analyzing data to create insight.
Paul's interests include:
Communications and content
- Creating beautiful content â€“ Creating unique, meaningful, beautiful content; understanding why and how we make content that matters.
- Communicating effectively â€“ Communications planning and management; using the right channels; understanding your audience; getting people to act.
- Building tutorials, guides, and information â€“ Breaking down complicated subjects; explaining the essentials of a process or approach; making things easy to understand.
- Advice for startups and freelancers â€“ Building trust in a business; running a business; best practice; financial health; calculating rates and costs; pricing work.
- Understanding customers â€“ Customer service; customer experience; feedback and surveys; keeping customers happy.
- Building products â€“ Ideas; problem-solvingâ€‹; research; validation; building; testing.
- Creating business revenue â€“ Monetization; blogging; consulting; speaking.
- Project management â€“ What it is; what it does; how it works; how you can use it.
- Managing a business â€“ Financial management; accounting; productivity.
Marketing and communities
- Effective Marketing â€“ Pay per click advertising; content marketing; guest blogging; marketing plans; basic SEO; social media.
- Generating value in online communities â€“ Moderation; rules and good behavior; sharing content; giving and getting value.
- Managing personal finance â€“ Investing; financial management; credit; pay; budgets.
- Personal growth â€“ Understanding success; workâ€“life balance; productivity; building good habits; understanding your priorities and goals; creating positive change.
- Tabletop RPGs and board games, hockey, vegetarianism, British culture, dogs, poetry.
Paul is a business owner and freelancer with responsibilities including:
- Editing, development, and consultancy - Working with businesses to edit and develop documents from first draft to final copy; providing advice and consultancy on improving documents.
- Client relationships - Establishing and maintaining strong, trusting relationships with clients; identifying requirements and delivering services.
- Marketing and brand - Developing an online and offline presence, marketing, and offerings to clients.
- Business strategy - Identifying opportunities for growth, strengthening positions in the market, and competing for business.
- Administration and financial control - Business, financial, and process management.
- All aspects of communications management, messaging, support, and consultancy for organisational change.
- Culture improvement activities and employee engagement.
- Communications strategy, management, and training for major IT change programmes and initiatives.?
- Project management.
Paul has experience in writing on investment and finances, including:
- General investment - Retirement planning, mutual funds, index trackers, and more.
- Portfolio management - Diversifying and balancing a portfolio and balancing risk versus reward.
- The stock market - Various aspects of investing in individual stocks, including quality stocks, growth stocks, income stocks, and undervalued stocks.
- Terminology - Explaining the various terms used when discussing finance and investing.
- Budgeting - The importance of understanding and adhering to a monthly budget.
- Financial planning - Planning for the future and understanding assets and liabilities.
- Credit scores - How the credit scoring system works and how individuals can improve their credit scores.
His articles are designed to be relevant and easily understandable for new and intermediate investors.
Paul has experience in marketing, especially content marketing. He is skilled at taking marketing concepts and breaking them down into easily understandable articles that are aimed at people without any marketing experience. He has written on topics including:
- Create great content by thinking about your reader.
- Create a brilliant marketing plan by answering these essential questions.
- How to format your online content to make it easier for people to read.
- Six steps to writing a simple marketing plan.
- Want more traffic for your website? Here are some great tips.
- Best practices for Google AdWords.
Paul has written and published over 150 articles for blogs, content websites, private clients, and more. He specializes in taking complex subjects and breaking them down for people to understand.
Paul has created posts for blogs across the web. Subjects covered include investment, small business, social media, and more.