Shakti has written on a wide range of topics and her specializations are in ghostwriting, blogging, editorial writing, and product descriptions and reviews. She is well-skilled in SEO and has a strong background in working with small and medium businesses.
The industries she works with most often are:
• entertainment websites
• consumer goods
• home living and products
• hospitality industry
• real estate
• outdoor and recreation
Shakti is most interested in outdoor living, travel, and entertainment blogging. She has traveled extensively, lived in nine different countries across four continents, and is an avid camper and outdoor enthusiast. She also enjoys writing fun and lighthearted articles about celebrities and TV shows or movies, and she has broad experience in entertainment writing and blogging for engagement websites.
Interdisciplinary dual major of Computer Science and Fine Arts
Computer Information Systems - Application Developer Concentration
8 week certificate in Japanese 1
Shakti has written numerous home living articles, blog posts, and informational pieces. She is well-versed in creating informational and approachable articles that mix a casual tone with straight-forward facts and advice. She has worked with both professional designers and home repair agencies and frequently writes articles for small businesses including HVAC, countertop installers, and pool services.
Some of her most recent pieces in this industry include:
• articles on color scheme and design theory
• guides to choosing the right products and fixtures for a remodeling
• how to decorate on a budget
• blogs for a variety of health-related websites including yoga, skincare, and lifestyle.
• When decorating goes wrong
• Holiday Decorating and Celebration Guide
• Christmas Trees and Fairy Lights: History of Odd Holiday Traditions
• Healthy Home Living
Shakti has written for numerous real estate pieces and is looking to expand further into this industry. Among her most recent projects are:
• brochure house listings a
• property and lot descriptions
• neighborhood guides
• local event and amenity guides
• demographic research pieces.
Shakti has extensive world travel experience across more than 50 different countries and in situations ranging from 5-Star Nile cruises to a 28 day car-camping trip through Ireland. She currently lives in the United States but has lived in many countries including Thailand, Scotland, Ireland, the Czech Republic, and Botswana.
Among her most recent articles are:
• travel blog posts
• articles for tickets, accommodation, where to go
• popular event guides
• destination guides
• hotel and tour promotions
• How to Travel on a Budget
• Best All-Inclusive Resorts in Phuket
• Which Travel Guides Are Best
• When to Travel to India
• A Driving Tour of the Southwest
Shakti has written numerous pieces relating to the entertainment industry. She has a passion for this subject and is well-versed in current events, upcoming cultural trends, and retro culture. She enjoys writing with flair, keeping her articles funny, entertaining, and with lots of personality. While she is happy to tailor her writing style to whatever is requested, she's a big fan of the casual and approachable style of magazines like People, OK! Magazine, and US Weekly.
Her most recent work includes:
• click-through articles
• engagement articles about popular celebrities
• "where are they now" style blog posts
• celebrity humor, news, and lifestyle
• entertainment guides and articles (such as "Best Live Shows in Las Vegas")
• how the entertainment industry is evolving
• celebrity weight loss secrets
• celebrity doppelgänger
• Highest paid Hollywood actors
Shakti has worked for 6 years as a freelance programmer and systems administrator. She has written a variety of blog posts on the latest trends in tech as well as product descriptions and reviews. Recently she's written a series of articles targeted at small businesses and how they can adopt upcoming technology to expand their customer base.
• Mobile Advertising
• Customer Acquisition Through New Trends in Technology
• CES Trends in Tech
• How New Technology Can Change Your Business
• Where Technology Will be in 20 Years
• Technology Jobs in Demand
• How Computers Effect the Brain
Shakti has been an avid hiker for the last 20 years and has gone on numerous treks and camping expeditions throughout North America, Europe, and Africa. Additionally, she enjoys a variety of outdoor sports including skiing, rafting, and rock climbing.
She has written numerous travel guides and camping equipment reviews and uses her many years of experience to guide customers into picking the right items to suit their individual needs.
Shakti frequently rights both promotional articles, blog posts, and event reviews for hotels, B&Bs, and resorts. She also has written numerous advertisements promoting upcoming events or advice guides for special occasions.
Shakti also focuses on local interest guides and seasonal articles that highlight the events or natural features of an area at different times of the year.
• Seasonal Event Guides
• Eco-Friendly Hotels and Resorts
• Best Hospitality Industry Jobs
• History of the Hotel industry
• Hotel Promotions
• Advertising and Blog Posts for Resorts
Shakti has written blog posts for both her personal blog as well as commercial or private blogs. She is adept at creating articles that are both interesting end engaging to read while still providing the reader with valuable and clear information about the individual or business.
She has covered topics ranging from company newsletters to how-to-guides and more technical design discussions. Because of her fiction writing experience, she is adept at writing everything from lighthearted, comedic pieces to covering serious and complex issues.
Shakti also has extensive experience in writing promotional blog posts for businesses that incorporate SEO in a natural but effective way into the article.
Shakti has written articles for everything from personal sites or blogs to promotional pieces for small and large businesses. She stays up to date on current events and entertainment news and often writes articles about electronics and the latest trends in tech. Among her recent articles are pieces on:
• celebrity news
• how to adopt the latest technology to your business
• neighborhood and restaurant guides
• decorating guides
• how-to articles
• popular trends and style guides
• promotional articles for small businesses
As well as research articles on a variety of topics including:
• The History of Building
• Advice for patients after medical procedures
• Guide for landlords
• Popular TV Shows in the 70s
She also frequently writes articles for small businesses and health-related blog posts.
Shakti greatly enjoys working with small businesses and helping them maximize the potential of their products. She writes product descriptions with an attention to detail and always keeps a focus on the value to the customer in mind. Her past projects include:
• catalog listings
• reviewing the functions and performance of various equipment
• product comparisons
• product recommendations based on the customers needs
• Comparisons of consumer tech
• The best equipment for RV camping
• Jewellery trends and descriptions
• Prom dresses
• 4 must have cookbooks
Shakti has written advertisements for a diversity of clients ranging from private individuals to small businesses to large mail-in catalogues. She knows that the key to successful advertising is to focus on the end-user and highlight how the value of the service or products and how they will benefit them. She takes a friendly and low-pressure but thoroughly researched and informational approach to reaching her audience.
In addition to various promotional campaigns, she has written:
• SEO blog posts
• social media posts
• mailing lists
• sales pieces
• product descriptions.
• Trends in Retail Packaging
• The Future of Advertising
• Advertising Tips that Can Change Your Business
• What Advertising Works Best
• Trends in Technology and Consumer Response