John T is well-versed at researching a software market, assimilating the essence of a vendor's business model and value proposition, and then crafting marketing collateral such as:
* Web and blog content
* White papers, brochures, and data sheets
* Press releases
* Internal-use sales collateral, including sales-strategy guides, product reviews, competitive analyses, win-loss analyses, customer profiles and success stories, and sales slide decks.
On a lighter note, John T enjoys reading and writing about social trends, world cultures, travel, vintage muscle cars, music, wildlife, nature, pets, health, healthcare, and surviving childhood. He has written many memoirs and stories over the years, and just might publish a book someday.
John grew up in Caracas, Venezuela as a U.S. citizen attending private American schools. He received a perfect score in the "Test of Standard Written English" section of his Verbal SAT test.
John T is fluent in Spanish and conversant in Portuguese.
All of John's experience has involved documenting, marketing, and/or selling software solutions for a variety of business models.
Almost all of John's employers have developed cutting-edge technology. A list of workloads John has represented is in the "Software" section.
John has been dedicated to the software industry for 20+ years. He has authored and distributed 100+ documents targeting end-user customers, developers, and system administrators. He also configured, launched and managed both a sales CRM implementation and a partner-solution catalog.
John T has worked for 10 software vendors spread across these markets:
* Cloud computing
* Software as a Service (SaaS)
* Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
* Open-source solutions
* Partner programs and catalogs
* Business Intelligence (BI)
* Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
* Salesforce automation
* Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
* Programmable office-automation
* Cost-Benefit Analysis (CBA)
* Storage-Resource Management (SRM)
* Software-appliance/embedded technologies
* Application Performance Management (APM)
* Identity Management (IdM)
* Healthcare-benefits administration
In addition to John's eight years of product marketing, he designed and managed Latin American marketing and sales programs for two consecutive software companies, and he led efforts to win four CRM awards for one employer, three years in a row.
While living in Miami, John published a short story/memoir about Parrot Jungle, based entirely on his own nine months of experience working there as a master of ceremonies. He hosted three or four 40-minute live-parrot shows to audiences of 400 people, six days a week -- and then wrote a memoir about the unique experience.
John also documented the responsibilities of show guides while working at Parrot Jungle.
Pets have always featured prominently in John's life, thanks in large part to his mother's tendency to adopt every stray animal she happened on.
John copywrote an article in Worcester Business Journal about new legislation for auto-insurance regulations.
John has published these and other articles:
* A Worcester Business Journal article about new regulations for auto-insurance policies.
* A Worcester Business Journal article that explains banks' rationale for the fees that they charge their customers.
* An "Oracle Update" technical business journal that describes different methodologies for optimizing the efficiency of Oracle database queries.
* A (now-defunct) Nor'Easter article about strategies for job hunting.