Andrew specializes in creating technical documentation for end users, administrators, and managers in a wide variety of styles, including user and administrator manuals, application help files, online help, knowledge bases, web content, and training materials.
In addition to being a technical documenter, Andrew has also written articles for periodicals and newsletters, published essays, and maintains his own professional and (semi) personal website.
Andrew's professional interests coincide with his personal interests. He is a technology enthusiast and immerses himself in computer science (both hardware and software), telecommunications (he was a communications specialist in the US Army), environmental science (he is a certified dolphin handler for a local marine hospital and research laboratory), and literature and creative writing (being the son of a librarian, he has a healthy respect for all things book related).
The tech writing program at UCF focuses on content creation and formatting. Due to work conflicts, Andrew transferred from UCF to DeVry University the spring of his senior year (2001).
The focused of study was on the delivery of voice and data communication. It was the closest field of study to technical writing DeVry offered at the time.
Andrew has written documentation for multiple software applications. His documentation projects include user guides, administration guides, implementation process, training material content, help files, knowledge base articles, and application updates. He has written documentation ranging from simple instructions on using application utilities, to multi-tier implementation requirements and processes.
Andrew has worked with a large national online banking service provider. While with this employer, Andrew:
- Developed and provided training materials for internal groups such as implementations, QA, and Tier I Support for the primary online banking application.
- Created documentation for new and existing systems, as well as major system modifications (i.e. program narratives, file record descriptions, user manuals, operations instructions, workflow).
- Created and delivered customer requested special reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
Andrew has worked with a software development company that focused on Electronic Health Record (EHR) services. While working with this company, Andrew:
- Wrote user guides
- Wrote administration guides
- Wrote product release notes
- Wrote help files
- Created training materials and content
- Was certified as a HIPPA Business Associate
- Created content for customers attempting to obtain Meaningful Use (MU) certification
This writer does not have any industry experience listed on their profile.