From proofreading to copy editing to extensive rewriting, Crystal is your go-to with a style guide and a trusty red pen. She's been the editorial gatekeeper for a major organization and can help keep your projects on track, too.
From internal to external communications, from video scripts to web copy, from ghostwriting to major brand-building publications, she believes every piece that has your organization's name deserves the best writing to back it up.
Do you have a speaking role (or two) you're not quite sure how to make the most of? Do you need a speech that soars, event scripting for that important conference, or a piece of correspondence for that key donor group? Crystal has written for CEOs, board members, and across the C-suite.
Have an internal communications project? Is your organization going through a major change? Crystal has years of experience in organizational and change communications -- from strategy to execution.
Crystal writes and edits from a little farm in a little town in Georgia. She loves reading, homesteading, real estate, and spending time with her family.
For more than a decade Crystal worked with the corporate communications team at the global headquarters of the American Cancer Society, leading teams of writers and editors.
Crystal has devoted her career to furthering the mission of nonprofit organizations through strategic communications, from the American Cancer Society to organizations such as the ACLU, the Juvenile Law Center, and American Farmland Trust.
Crystal has extensive experience working in the education field:
- For two years, she worked as a daily newsroom education reporter, covering the topic for the fastest-growing county in South Carolina.
- She later worked with education and family-focused nonprofit clients while at a public-relations agency in Washington, D.C.
- Recently, she has worked on editing and writing projects with her local church for its children's ministry.
For more than two years Crystal worked as a daily newsroom journalist and has experience writing and editing in a fast-paced environment.
A personal real estate investor, Crystal is particularly interested in this topic. Please reach out if you would like to work together on a related project!
In a decade-long career at the American Cancer Society, Crystal led a team of writers and editors that created speaking points, speeches, and presentations for the C-suite. She was responsible for writing or editing all of these materials and was the last line of editorial defense before they were distributed.
- For a decade Crystal served as the ghostwriter for two CEOs at a major global nonprofit health organization. In this role she wrote and edited all presentations they delivered, from speaking points to PowerPoint decks.
- She also edited all C-suite communications in this role and ensured messages were consistent across the executive team.
Crystal has extensive experience writing emails as a ghostwriter for both internal and external audiences for a global organization. Whether your purpose is to motivate, inspire, fundraise, or inform, she can help.
Crystal has worked on numerous brochures ranging from marketing materials to patient materials to fundraising documents.
- Crystal has experience writing and editing scripts for everything from 30-second scripts to entire conference scripts. Her communications work can make presenters feel prepared and comfortable, whether they need just a few speaking points or complete start-to-finish scripting.
- Crystal has served as the ghostwriter for two CEOs, creating video scripts for everything from a weekly CEO update, to all-employee conferences, to Volunteer and Staff Leadership meetings (in-person conferences with thousands of people attending). She has written video scripts that do everything from help raise funds, to thank a corporate sponsor, to deliver difficult news to employees.
- She has edited hundreds of executive-level video scripts (in addition to writing them from concept to execution).
Crystal served as the editorial gatekeeper for one of the top nonprofit organizations in the nation. In this role she edited press releases and was also responsible for C-suite messaging in these releases.
- Crystal served as the editor of a regular monthly cancer information newsletter for more than a year, managing a team of writers and contributing content.
- Crystal has also edited other regular streams of health content during a 10+ year career with a global organization -- from newsletter type, consumer-facing content to one-liners.
For more than a decade Crystal edited direct mail campaigns for a major global nonprofit organization.
- Worked as a daily newsroom journalist, writing too many articles to count,
- Managed a monthly consumer-facing newsletter (managing writers and creating content)
- Written internal communications articles for a major global organization
- Written long- and short-form pieces that were placed in various publications
Crystal has written and edited blogs for a global nonprofit, several of which were published in places such as HuffingtonPost.com and elsewhere.
Crystal has edited a few books and longer form pieces during her career, going through multiple rounds of edits.