However, some of the most effective SEO steps you can complete may only require a few minutes for you to complete. Another option is that you can hire content writers to complete your SEO tasks—then you can feel confident in your work and save too. If you are ready to make an impact on your webpage’s search engine rankings and you only have a few minutes to spend, keep in mind these SEO tasks that take less than five minutes each.
- Create a Valuable Backlink – Find a question that needs answering, reply to a related and useful blog or connect via social media. Don’t get “spammy,” but putting a link out there to your website in a useful way will create a valuable backlink that shows your website to be more authoritative, and in turn rank higher in the search engines.
- Source a Guest Post – New, fresh content is one of the best ways to help your page appear high-quality in the eyes of the search engines. Spend a few moments making contact with someone in your industry who can write a blog post for you. Another option is to hire content writers to do the writing and/or posting for you.
- Research a New Long Tail Keyword – You probably already have a good idea of the keywords you want to target on your webpage, but finding new long tail keywords is important too. These 3 to 5 word phrases are ideal for bringing in new, highly-targeted web traffic.
- Refresh an Old Blog Post – If you don’t have time to sit down and write a whole new blog post, why not pick an old one from some time back and give it a makeover. Proofread it for grammatical mistakes, update it with new information and if your webpage has changed its format, adjust that too. Then, post a new intro and link it from the front page of your blog. All of a sudden you’re bringing new traffic to your old post—all in less than five minutes.
- Link to Related Posts – Look at a few of your newest blog posts and see if there is a way you can easily link to a related post. Don’t go overboard, but linking to related posts within your blog can create cross-traffic and help you rank higher with the search engines.
These SEO tasks are just the beginning. The most important thing to remember about search engine optimization is that you can do as much or as little of it as you want to do. Take a few minutes every day and soon you will see your pages begin to climb in the rankings and your number of visitors begin to soar. SEO and content marketing in general offers a way for both the smallest websites and the biggest to market themselves to the right audience at the right time—don’t let your opportunity escape!
Tracy S is a freelance writer and blogger who is writing her first book. When she’s not glued to the keyboard she has her eyes glued to a sci-fi book, her mind glued on her pool game or has glue on her hands while working on a home improvement project.