James's specialties include technical writing about Microsoft, Google, Cisco, and VMWare products. He is comfortable writing a full range of technical articles; from an in-depth manual on programming to a comedic piece about cloud computing.
While technical topics are his specialty, he enjoys writing a variety of other articles as well. From Halloween to healthcare, few articles are safe from his keystrokes!
Learning new technologies, playing with the pup (Border Collie), writing short stories, visiting with family/friends, and playing poker.
Learning about operating systems, business practices, and how to program Java / C++.
This experience relates to James's Project Manager position in the IT consulting industry. This consulting group primarily focuses on healthcare, legal, and non-profits. James is responsible for 35+ concurrent projects, half a dozen staff members, and a number of upper management reports. The following is a list of key achievements he has made.
* James created a project portfolio that led to 25% more project completions when compared to previous year
* He also audited a client's vendor contracts, which resulted in savings of $27,400/year for that client.
* James L also created training material and built a six station training lab, which has logged over 250+ hours of use in first couple months.
* He also worked with a vendor on a server migration that reduced patient portal downtime from twice a month to 100% uptime.
James spent the last three years advising primary healthcare clinics on how to setup and run their systems. This unique position gave James insight into some of the more difficult subjects, such as ICD-10 and Meaningful Use.
*He helped manage a number of eRx solutions by building and training three super users
*James wrote workflow material for a 20+ of medical workflows
*James regularly administered new employee orientation
James worked on a variety of industrial projects including projects for power plants, airports, mineral processing plants, and municipal utilities. Some of these accomplishments include:
* Re-factoring a fish conservation program to run well over 200% faster by reducing database look-ups
* Helping save a waste management utility from large expenditures because of their PLC outage
* Re-creating a major operator interface for one of the largest talc producers worldwide
James spent a year teaching adults at a community college PHP and MySQL. The capstone for this course was developing an online program for an existing business.
* James had a student so thankful for the education that they created an unsolicited recommendation letter
* A student James taught gained enough experience and prestige that they then taught the same course years later
Within this project James created a number of brochures for patient use. Most of these brochures helped patients as an introduction to the clinic's online portal. This particular task was not only writing the specific verbiage, but also working on a design layout that was both professional and easy to read. To that end, James went with a mix of frequently asked questions and generic information.