Glen W. blogs on a regular basis, writes unique content for articles, and is exploring ghost writing.
His long career in engineering, and an inquiring mind, has prepared him to both understand and explain the complex technical dialog for reports and processes.
His deep interest in various forms and styles of music, a passion for the piano and its workings, is matched with a love of wood and woodworking, model railroading and model building.
Glen W. finds his life, and the people in it, to be a source of interesting questions, who, what, where, when and why.
Over the years he has recreated in vocal and instrumental music, especially the piano, and the audio reproduction through vacuum tube amplifiers and special loudspeakers.
Woodworking is another of his life-long interests that ebbs and flows from time to time.
Model railroading and model building are prime subjects of interest today. He blogs about both and participates as an active member of a small club.
Glen W. was able to take advantage of the degree completion program offered by Friends University and supported by the Boeing Airplane Company, that allowed for receiving credit hours for life experiences and writing papers to present his understanding of the subjects.
1) Accumulated engineering catalogs, periodicals and books to produce the companies first library. Developed and printed a listing of the contents for ease of locating.
2) Wrote and illustrated a processing plan for drying solid fuel rocket segments for Titan III boosters.
3) Prepared and printed a presentation package for the Japanese customers of the F-18 fighter.
4) Performed a material investigation for alternative materials to very expensive tooling material, and wrote a detailed report of suitabilities, including costs and machinability, and comparing sources of the material.
5) Developed the curriculum for a two week orientation course for new-hire engineers. Located and obtained classroom space and equipment, before teaching the class four sessions.
Make regular posts, including photos and videos, to my blog site. International readership of over 1,200 per month.