From proofreading to copy editing to extensive rewriting, Crystal is your go-to with a style guide and a trusty red pen. She's been the editorial gatekeeper for a major organization and can help keep your projects on track, too.
From internal to external communications, from video scripts to web copy, from ghostwriting to major brand-building publications, she believes every piece that has your organization's name deserves the best writing to back it up.
Do you have a speaking role (or two) you're not quite sure how to make the most of? Do you need a speech that soars, event scripting for that important conference, or a piece of correspondence for that key donor group? Crystal has written for CEOs, board members, and across the C-suite.
Have an internal communications project? Is your organization going through a major change? Crystal has years of experience in organizational and change communications -- from strategy to execution.
Crystal writes and edits from a little farm in a little town in Georgia. She loves reading, homesteading, real estate, and spending time with her family.
For more than a decade Crystal worked with the corporate communications team at the global headquarters of the American Cancer Society, leading teams of writers and editors.
- For more than a decade, Crystal worked at the global headquarters of the American Cancer Society, leading teams of writers and editors.
- For two years Crystal worked with a public relations agency in Washington, D.C., helping to devise communications strategy for nonprofit clients such as the Juvenile Law Center and American Farmland Trust.
Crystal has extensive experience working in the education field:
- For two years, she worked as a daily newsroom education reporter, covering the topic for the fastest-growing county in South Carolina.
- She later worked with education and family-focused nonprofit clients while at a public-relations agency in Washington, D.C.
- Recently, she has worked on editing and writing projects with her local church for its children's ministry.
- For a decade Crystal served as the ghostwriter for two CEOs at a major global nonprofit health organization. In this role she wrote and edited all presentations they delivered, from speaking points to PowerPoint decks.
- She has also written presentations for other C-suite leaders and led a team of writers who wrote executive communications.
In a decade-long career at a major global health care nonprofit, Crystal led a team of writers and editors that created speaking points, speeches, and presentations for the C-suite. She was responsible for writing or editing all of these materials and was the last line of editorial defense before they were distributed.
- Worked as a daily newsroom journalist for more than two years
- Managed a monthly consumer-facing newsletter (managing writers and creating content)
- Written internal communications articles for a major global organization
- Written long- and short-form pieces that were placed in various publications
Crystal has extensive experience writing emails as a ghostwriter for various audiences -- for both internal and external audiences -- for a global organization. Whether your purpose is to motivate, inspire, fundraise, or inform, she have experience writing in that genre.
- Crystal has worked on numerous brochures ranging from marketing materials to patient guidebooks to fundraising documents.
- For many years she led a team that was responsible for the writing and editing of publications such as annual reports, stewardship reports, and other promotional communications collateral such as event promotions, flyers, etc.
- She worked specifically with C-suite leaders and across organizations to create strategic documents to tell brand stories and share financial information, rally supporters behind a cause, and write inspiring pieces that raise funds and inspire hope.
- Crystal has experience writing and editing scripts for everything from 30-second scripts to entire conference scripts. She makes presenters feel prepared and comfortable, whether they need just a few speaking points or complete start-to-finish scripting.
- Do you need help bringing a conference to life? Crystal has years of experience creating themes for conferences with thousands of attendees, writing complete emcee event scripting, and ensuring key presenters are on message with their scripting as well.
- Crystal has have served as the ghostwriter for two CEOs for a major nonprofit health organization, creating video scripts for everything from a weekly CEO update, to all-employee conferences. She has written video scripts that do everything from help raise funds, to thank a corporate sponsor, to deliver difficult news to employees.
- Crystal served as the editor of a regular monthly cancer information newsletter for more than a year, managing a team of writers and contributing content.
- She has also written for other various newsletter type content streams throughout the years, from health-focused content to fundraising content.