Freelance Writer and Public Relations Consultant, June 2017-present
• Write thoroughly researched, SEO optimized press releases, articles, web copy and blogs.
• Develop strategy to maximize exposure to key audiences.
• Pitch client stories to targeted press.
Project Manager (content creation, editing and project management), Upside Collective, March 2016-May 2017
• Led project to create a resource portal for New York State Health Insurance Program (NYSHIP) health benefits administrators that outlines responsibilities in plain language, offers explanation of policy and provides step-by-step instruction for making changes to enrollee benefits.
• Conducted weekly meetings with team and subject matter experts to discuss content.
• Drafted web copy based on discussions with subject matter experts.
• Created new NYSHIP marketing print piece and drafted content for new marketing web site.
• Copy edited print publications for NYSHIP enrollees.
• Managed graphic selections/changes consistent with New York State brand guidelines and overall content strategy.
Public Relations Associate (content creation and media relations), Moscow Ballet, August 2015-March 2016
• Developed social media campaign to highlight tour, educational programs and non-profit partnerships.
• Wrote press materials, biographies, grant applications, social media updates, professional correspondences, etc.
• Implemented, pursued and facilitated interviews and press coverage for 40 cities in western USA and Canada (media placements bumped ticket sales by 23% over 2014).
Communications Director, Sunrise Management & Consulting (SMC), April 2014-July 2015
• Authored news release and article featuring results from SMC multi-family market report. Conducted extensive research into local economy and housing market, and interviewed CEO to develop compelling news piece.
• Invited to submit guest column in Multi-Housing News (appeared in January 2015 issue).
• Created SMC Facebook page, Twitter feed, Pinterest site and blog.
• Developed drip email campaign to generate referrals and encourage tenant compliance with rules and regulations.
• Press outreach resulted in over 25 placements with local and industry publications including two cover stories in Personal Real Estate Investor.
Public Relations Agency Experience:
Senior Account Executive (content curation and client services), Cooney/Waters Group, New York, NY,
2005 – 2006
• Developed messaging and press kit for Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.’s Tdap vaccine.
• Promotion of pertussis booster for adults and adolescents led to widespread adoption of Tdap vaccine within the medical community.
• Organized Abbott Laboratories-sponsored Picturing Hope exhibit where children affected by HIV/AIDS displayed photographs of their life experiences at the Asia Society in New York City.
• Facilitated and monitored interview between press and Abbott spokesperson.
Account Executive (content curation, media relations and client services), Rowland Communications Worldwide, New York, NY, 2000 – 2003
• Instrumental in the launch of Beech-Nut First Advantage with DHA, an omega-3 fatty acid.
• Conducted extensive research on benefits of DHA in infant cognitive development.
• Managed advertising team to ensure brand integrity and unified messaging. Oversaw and collaborated on development of copy.
• Penned mat feature picked-up by newspapers nationwide (ultimately reaching over eight million readers).
• Assisted President of Rowland Communications with bid to bring Mevacor over-the-counter.
• Drafted presentations for cardiovascular medical conferences.
• Wrote consensus building letters/emails for distribution to cardiovascular thought leaders.
• Marketed additional high-profile pharmaceutical products including Pepcid Complete and St. Joseph's Aspirin.