1. Technical writing.
3. Marketing writing.
4. Corporate writing (proposals).
5. Project writing.
6. Policy and Procedures.
7. Project Management.
9. Creative writing.
Peg's interests include:
• Creative writing (essays, poetry).
• Multi-media art/crafts.
• Hiking and working out.
• Cooking and entertaining.
Here an an example of one of Peg's poems--
"A Butterfly for Hannah"
A caterpillar had a dream
Of becoming more than she would seem.
Believing in her inner voice
Sensing that she had a choice.
Sprouting wings to fly away
Waiting for the special day
When her wings could be unfurled
And she could explore the world.
Then one day a magic hour
When she became a living flower.
The butterfly found in conquering fear
We are much more than we appear.
Peg majored in English; she graduated with a B.A. in English and was awarded High Honors. She was on Deans List consistently from first semester Sophomore year through graduation.
Peg was selected for, participated in, and completed the APS Diverse Supplier Training Program DTSP.
After graduating from Hartwick College, Peg attended Katherine Gibbs Business School's Entree Program in Montclair, N.J. It is a program to acclimate recent college graduates to the business environment.
CURRENT BUSINESS PROJECTS
Peg has been co-owner of a consulting and software company, Systrends (also a certified woman-owned business), for over 20 years. She writes all company materials for her business and her customers. These include:
• Proposals, sales presentation, and white papers.
• Policy, procedures, and guidelines.
• Software requirements, documentation, and instructions.
• User interface design and graphics.
• Training and user conference materials.
• Marketing materials including brochures, handouts, and trade show displays.
• Website content.
• Graphics for all technical and marketing materials.
• Project documentation including: requirements, schedules, project management plans, work performance data, change control, and stakeholder communication.
• Graphical representations of project data and structured analysis diagrams.
Peg's company has worked in the energy industry--transaction development and management, and tariff and forms management--over the last few years, but also has solid experience in the electronics industry; supply chain; big-box retail; and financial services. Peg's partner has recently become certified in four advanced levels of cyber security auditing and analysis; Peg manages projects and writing for all such endeavors.
PAST BUSINESS PROJECTS
Peg worked for a major financial institution as a Technical Writer, Procedures Analyst, Editor, and then Manager of the Technical Writing department. In these capacities, she wrote, edited, and managed documentation for:
• Administrative policy and procedures.
• Branch and Departmental policy and procedures.
• Commercial Lending policy and procedures.
• Human Resource policy and procedures.
• Operations policy and procedures.
• Retail Lending policy and procedures.
• Security policy and procedures.
• Systems Management policy and procedures.
Peg is now interested in taking on other writing projects and sharing her expertise with your organization!
CURRENT SOFTWARE PROJECTS
Peg documents her company's software, in marketing and sales materials, such as:
• Brochures and handouts.
• Trade show displays.
• Web site content.
• PowerPoint presentations.
Peg is directly involved in documenting projects to create and update software--i.e., determining and documenting requirements. She has provided user procedures to all customers for the two branches of Systrends* software--transaction management and tariff management. And has also designed and developed training materials for these products. These offerings include:
• Conference handouts for software user conferences.
• Software requirements documentation and graphical representations (e.g., structured analysis diagrams).
• Software overviews.
• Software procedures, "how-to" guides.
• Training materials.
(* PLEASE NOTE: Although using an apostrophe for the possessive form of Systrends (e.g., Systrends' software) is grammatically correct, we have eliminated the apostrophe from our materials, as it becomes distracting when used many times in one document.)
PAST SOFTWARE PROJECTS
Peg was a senior technical writer for a software company (Viasoft, Inc.) that created systems to automate analyzing and understanding COBOL logic. Working for this software company, Peg wrote:
• User-friendly "how-to" guides for all software products; these guides replaced software manuals that were overly technical and not geared to the needs of the end user.
• The company's first web site, and she was named "Development Employee of the Year" for this effort (nominated and chosen by Development Department staff).
Peg worked as a Technical Writer, Procedures Analyst, and Editor for a major financial institution in the greater Phoenix area (now Bank of America). In that capacity, Peg was the assigned writer and editor on major systems projects for deposit/check processing, savings processing, CD processing, retail and commercial loan processing, and security systems.
UTILITY INDUSTRY PROJECTS
Peg has been actively involved in writing for the Energy Industry (i.e., Utilities and Energy Retailers) for 15 years; she has written both internal (Systrends) and external (client-focused) materials. Peg has worked as a project manager and project writer for:
• Exelon Energy.
• ISO New England.
• New York ISO.
For the energy industry (i.e., utilities and retailers in regulated and deregulated environments), Peg has written:
• Project proposals.
• Project plans.
• Project requirements.
• Project and technical specifications.
• Procedures for operations and technical processes.
• Training materials.
• User conference materials.
APS DIVERSE SUPPLIER TRAINING PROGRAM
In 2014, Peg applied for, and was selected to participate in Arizona Public Service's (APS) Diverse Supplier Training Program DSTP (APS is a Systrends tariff management software customer). This program is a class, forum, and network for diverse suppliers working with the energy industry. Peg received a Certificate for completing the program in 2015.
Based on her writing and communications skills, she currently serves as an adviser to the program; and teaches a "Painless Proposals" workshop to current DSTP attendees as part of that program.
Peg has written and submitted successful proposals to over 50 clients. These include:
• Bangor Hydro-Electric.
• Bank of America
• British Gas.
• Boston Gas.
• California ISO.
• Central Hudson Gas and Electric Corporation.
• Central Maine Power.
• Commonwealth Energy Corporation/Electric America.
• Consolidated Edison.
• DTE Energy.
• Duke Energy.
• Edison International.
• Exelon Energy.
• Hamilton Hydro/Horizon Utilities Corp.
• Houston County Electric.
• ISO New England.
• New York ISO.
• New York Public Service Commission.
• New West Energy.
• Noble Energy.
• Northeast Utilities/Eversource.
• Ontario Energy Board.
• Ontario Hydro.
• PECO Energy.
• Pedernales Electric Cooperative (PEC).
• Pepco Holdings.
• Potomac Electric Power Company (PEPCO).
• Public Service Enterprise Group.
• Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO).
• PVB Fabrications.
• Rayburn County Electric Cooperative.
• Rio Grande Electric Cooperative.
• Salt River Project.
• Sempra Energy.
• Sharyland Utilities (Hunt Power).
• Southern Company.
• St. Catherine’s Hydro (Horizon Utilities Corp.)
• Tenaska Power Services.
• Texas Commercial Energy.
• Texas New Mexico Power.
• TXU Energy.
• Toronto Hydro.
• Union Gas.
• Veridian Corporation.
• Xcel Energy.
Peg has proven expertise in this area. Her proposal submitted to APS, as part of the Diverse Supplier Training Program, was classified as "best in breed"; and she is now conducting a workshop for that program, "Painless Proposals" (See a sample under "Presentation Asset").
Peg writes presentations for various products and services. In most cases, she also designs and develops the format and graphics. Peg has designed and written presentations for the following purposes:
• Proposal followup.
• Product/service overviews.
• Project kick-offs/updates.
• Sales meetings.
• User conferences.
• Trade show demonstrations.
Peg also presents presentations to various audiences in the categories listed above, and she edits all Systrends presentations (including those drafted by Systrends CEO) before they are presented outside of Systrends.
Peg currently provides all content and editing for the two Systrends websites (one is a general website and the other is specifically for eTariff). She has provided all content since the beginning of Systrends internet presence, in the late 1990's. Throughout the first few years, she also handled the development and graphics (using Microsoft tools, such as FrontPage).
When working for Viasoft, Peg wrote and developed their first website (using early HTML coding) in 1995. That same year, she was named "Development Employee of the Year".