Mary Beth is a 20-year veteran of the newspaper, magazine and journalism industry, currently a freelance writer/editor. She specializes in writing about various topics including education, online learning, business, elder care, death and dying, fresh technology, tablets, cell phones, families, and everyday living. She is outgoing, loves to write, and meet and work with new people. She is excellent at researching topics and providing clean copy on deadline.
Mary Beth is well-educated, receiving a bachelor's degree in Communications/Journalism from Cleveland State University in 1991. She has worked as a reporter, designer and copyeditor for several large newspapers, including the community news section of the "Los Angeles Times" for many years.
Her skills include:
* Journalist and freelance writer for more than 20 years
* Specialize in both web content as well as print media
* Spent 10 years in the newspaper industry as a reporter, editor, manager and page designer
* Recipient of several local and national press club awards
* Proficient in Search Engine Optimization, social media management and keyword search
* Spent four years as a copyeditor and page designer
* City editor for several years at local community newspapers
* Knowledgeable of the following applications: Wiki, CMS, HTML, Quark Express, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Editor, Windows 2000, Photoshop Elements, Hootsuite, SocialOomph and Windows XP
* Proficient in Associated Press style
* Graduated with degrees in Communications and Political Journalism
* Work from home so no office tie-ups, commuter traffic or other interruptions
Please let Mary Beth know how she can help your company!