What Can a Writer Do?
As someone who works in marketing, you may have decided to hire freelance writers to create website content for your clients or your own website. After all, for a marketer, having a great writer on your side is always a great idea—especially if you are not a writer yourself. However, you may find that same freelance writer who writes “about me” pages can also work with you in many other ways. Consider some of the other projects that a freelance writer can help you tackle and you will find that connecting with a skilled writer can be one of the best business decisions you may make.
- Blog Creation and Management – Nearly every small business can benefit from adding a blog to the webpage. A blog gives you the chance to connect with your customers on a more personal level and is also one of the greatest SEO (search engine optimization) tools in your arsenal. A blog can be as simple or complex as you desire. A good writer will be able to help you decide the right direction to take with your business blog.
- Email Assistance – Do you feel overwhelmed by your email correspondence? A freelance writer may be able to help. You can hire a writer to create form responses, sales letters and other commonly used correspondence. This frees up your time to handle the direct email inquiries you receive from customers.
- Social Media Marketing – Many freelance writers know their way around social media websites. If you have wanted to boost your presence on Facebook, Twitter or other similar sites, a writer may be able to help you get started and advise you on the right kind of posts to add.
- SEO – Search engine optimization is an important part of helping your website succeed. Some writers specialize in creating content that is optimized for search engines; other writers may be able to do this as well—if they are given a push in the right direction. When working to improve your website’s search engine presence, it is important to work together with the writer to insure you are both on the right page.
- Research – Most writers are talented researchers. When writing content for the web, a writer has to learn how to sort through piles of information to find the data that is most useful and relevant. Utilize a writer’s research skills to dig up that information you need to find.
As you can see, a great writer is an important part of your team. When choosing a writer, find out if he or she is comfortable taking on other types of tasks for you. Many writers will relish the chance to think outside the box, take on the challenge, and help you with your marketing strategy in any way he or she is able.
Tracy S is a freelance writer available on WriterAccess, a marketplace where clients and expert writers connect for assignments.