How to Curate Content From Thought Leaders Effectively
When it comes to generating high-quality inbound content, you need to choose your thought leaders and influencers carefully. These must be reliable, informative individuals with name value.
Once you find these thought leaders, it’s best to make a content curation list. This will be your go-to resource when it comes to promoting content.
How do you make your own content curation list? Check out our helpful content curation guide below for ways to track down the best influencers. We’ll also throw in some great tools for faster content.
Narrow down by Niche
Your content curation list must be niche-specific to be useful. If your marketing firm focuses on different verticals, you may want to make a list for each vertical.
Choose a Qualifying Metric
Now that you’ve chosen your niche, it’s time to start looking for your influencers and thought leaders. You can’t possibly include everyone in a given niche on your content curation list, so you have to use a qualifying metric or two.
This metric will vary. For some marketers, they may be interested in who has the most social media followers. Others will choose influencers that drive the most traffic, while some might be more interested in an influencer’s domain and page authority.
Once you choose your qualifying metrics, it becomes very easy to organize your thought leaders from top to bottom. You should have about 100 influencers in all.
Create the List in a Document
Whether you want to use a notepad document, a word-processing document, or a spreadsheet file, this part is up to you. Present the information neatly and arrange thought leaders in order by qualifying metrics. Save the document often and feel free to update it every six months or so.
Tools for Content Curation
Content curation can be a time-consuming job. That’s why there are tools that take care of most of the hard work for you. Here are some of the best ones.
(Do be aware, not all these tools are free.)
- CurationSoft — For those who aren’t as social media savvy, CurationSoft will comb various web and social media platforms, including RSS feeds, Flickr, YouTube, Facebook, and Google blogs.
- BuzzSumo — One of the most well-known content curation tools, BuzzSumo lets you search by topic to find influencers. You can also paste a domain, like a blog post, and see which thought leaders are sharing it.
- Hootsuite — Giving you access to 35+ social media platforms, Hootsuite will also search popular apps, including Marketo and Reddit. Hootsuite’s analytics are top-notch.
- Portent — Go deeper with your content curation with Portent. This tool incorporates marketing elements like social shares and PPC in its results. Like BuzzSumo, you can search by topic.
- Quora — To find the answers to the Internet’s most burning questions, check Quora. Experts are typically the ones replying. Start by searching a topic and then reach out to those experts.
Content curation allows you to find the writers and the topics that resonate best with your audience. By using the tools we highlighted above, you can begin furthering your brand today.
Nicole M is a five-star freelance writer available on WriterAccess, specializing in career, medical, and entertainment writing.