While they are not a lot of fun, many of us find ourselves needing to go on a diet or at least watch what we eat if we have put on a few pounds. However, dieting can be useful in other situations too. Have you been overindulging on keywords for your web content and blog posts? This can lead to a bit of keyword bulge. Just like rich, fattening food, a little bit of keyword goes a long way! Follow these tips (and share them with your article writers) to put yourself on a keyword diet—cutting back on cheeseburgers and chocolate cake is up to you.
- Keep a Keyword Diary – One of the tips dieters hear time and time again is that they should keep a journal of what they eat so they can go back and find where they are struggling. Your SEO efforts should be recorded in the same way. Keep track of what you are doing, and then you can better understand what creates success for you.
- Cut Back on “Bad” Keywords – Just like there are healthy foods and delicious…errr….unhealthy foods, some keywords are better than others are. Spend some time looking at what keywords actually perform and consider cutting back on some of those that do not work.
- Mix It Up! – When dieting, you want to eat a good variety of foods—proteins, healthy carbohydrates, fruits, veggies and dairy products. With your keyword diet, you need to do the same thing. Use short keywords, localized keywords and long tail keywords in a good combination to get the best possible results.
- Do Not Do It Alone – Dieting alone is hard. If a friend or family member diets with you, it will be easier to stay motivated and stick to a plan. Employ some help with your SEO diet too. Hiring article writers can break the monotony of producing content and an experienced SEO expert can help you decide which keywords you should cut.
- Stick With It – No matter what you do with your diet, you will not lose 20 pounds overnight. Additionally, you won’t see results on your keyword diet right away either—anything worth achieving takes time and effort. Stick it out and you will start seeing results.
Dieting is not easy. However, if you are dedicated to the pursuit, you’ll find it is well worth the effort. Don’t give up–your website will be lean, mean and ready to don that little black dress soon!
Tracy S is a content writer and blogger who specializes in home improvement related topics. When she’s not working, Tracy loves playing pool, watching cheesy reality TV, spending time with her family and dreaming of the beach.