Here are a few tips, tactics, and techniques to consider as you distribute your content on social media:
- When in Rome. Do as the Romans do. Every social media channel has its own language. The type of post, length of text, lack of text, use of images, slang, hashtags, tagging protocol for shares and comments, and vernacular vary greatly by platform. Tread lightly, always spending some time observing the habits of other fans and followers before diving in with your own content.
- A Picture Says a Thousand Words. And sometimes, it might entice a thousand shares.
- Ego Bait. Social Platforms are designed to be social, in a variety of ways. Mentions, retweets, shares, and more contribute to the social merry-go-round. Take the opportunity to connect with influencers by using social tags such as @, +, like, share, retweet, and hashtags.
- Timing is everything. Look into the published data regarding the best time to post to maximize sharing and boost your social clout. Who knows? Perhaps you can trigger the next viral campaign. Timing may not be critical, but it’s worth considering.
- Automate, automate, automate. There are so many tools to help automate your social publishing: Buffer, ITTT, Sprout Social, Postplanner, Meet Edgar… The list is long. Many CMS plugins will also facilitate and schedule sharing. And sharing functionality is built into platforms such as HubSpot, ScoopIt, and others. If possible, automate some of your publishing efforts to increase your efficiency. But stay natural and real for true social distribution.
For a more in-depth look at social media and content distribution, click here to download a copy of my book: Content Strategy Game Plan.
Hope this helps.
Look for more tips and advice coming soon!