When it comes to crafting and sharing your valuable content, freshness, and engagement are key. Discover how you can invigorate your blog with essential types of blog posts that will captivate your audience like never before.
With blogs becoming ubiquitous, managing your own can be a daunting task. However, fear not, as there’s a way to stay ahead of the curve.
From informative guides to captivating storytelling, we’ll delve into seven must-have blog post types that can breathe new life into your content strategy.
Prepare to elevate your blogging game and stand out amidst the sea of content. Embark on a journey of creativity, bringing you closer to mastering the art of a compelling content strategy!
1. Products Reviews
Buy a product, review it in a blog post. It’s a great way to gain attention, especially if you throw in a YouTube review of the company or “unboxing.”
However, it can be easy to fall into the trap of receiving and reviewing for the sake of the product. So, write about something that is related to your brand to stay focused. Avoid the old fall-by of just reviewing products to get sponsors in the future. That’s not authentic.
Seek out products that your customers will either want or, at the very least, find valuable for future reference. This is a great opportunity to broaden your audience by introducing them to products and services they may not even realize they need yet.
You help sell another brand or business while giving back to your readers, which can increase credibility and brand loyalty among your audience when they follow through with purchases. You aren’t even selling your own stuff here–which is key. It’s like a charitable giving concept of paying it forward. Plus, you are getting some cool content and products to use for your own. Win, win, win!
You can create engaging blog posts on product reviews by:
- Sharing honest and unbiased reviews of products related to your brand
- Offering insightful comparisons between different products to help your audience make informed decisions
- Incorporating engaging visuals, such as images and videos, to enhance the review experience
- Encouraging interaction with your readers by inviting them to share their own experiences and opinions in the comments section
When it comes to the most popular types of blog posts to incorporate into a content marketing campaign, listicles come in pretty close to the top, and with good reason.
To begin with, everyone loves a good list. Lists are organized, easy to digest, and easy to share via social media, email, and more. They can be funny, informative, or anything else you like. The listicle format lends itself well to pretty much any topic, too.
You can create genius listicles by:
- Making your headlines crystal clear to guide expectations
- Making every step clear and relevant
- Placing your highest-value items toward the beginning and end of the list to support consistent attention spans
- Choosing a topic that’s especially unique, timely, or helpful to ensure your listicle stands out
Helpful content is truly where it’s at when it comes to topping today’s most competitive SERPs. The more you can teach your audience, the better, both for your readers and for your search rankings.
That said, tutorials and other how-to articles are great additions to any list of go-to blog post types. They lend themselves well to ideal keyword usage, and they encourage visitors to see you as an industry authority whom they can trust.
Create amazing tutorials by:
- Breaking how-to posts down into small steps that are easy to follow and understand
- Adding photos, screenshots, or visual aids when it makes sense
- Using common customer questions and concerns as an idea bank of potential topics
- Implementing mobile-friendly formatting
4. Newsworthy Posts
Chiming in on timely, relevant industry topics is a terrific way to add variety to your blog feed and keep your audience engaged. There’s also endless potential there when it comes to ideas.
Just keep an eye on what’s new, add your brand’s unique take on things, and you’re all set. You can even combine news posts with other popular kinds of blog posts (e.g., listicles or curated posts) to keep things exciting and engaging.
Craft newsworthy posts that stand out by:
- Adding lots of relevant industry blogs to your RSS feed to keep up with trending topics
- Being quick about posting, as trends and buzz can evaporate as quickly as they exploded onto the scene in the first place
- Adding something unique that reinforces your brand identity and helps you stand out
5. Inspiring Posts
There are three main ways to approach successful content creation when it comes to your company blog. You can educate, you can entertain, or you can inspire. That said, lots of brands understand the first two but tend to undervalue the third – inspiration.
People respond to success stories, heartfelt narratives, and other forms of storytelling for many reasons. Not only do those approaches help humanize your brand for your audience, but they make readers want to follow in your footsteps.
Craft amazing inspirational posts by:
- Sharing the “why” behind your brand and most compelling products
- Making your audience feel as if they’re part of new company accomplishments and milestones
- Showcasing relatable stories from some of your staff, customers, and peers
6. Curation Posts
When it comes to content creation, one of the biggest challenges is coming up with enough content ideas to keep audiences engaged and SERP rankings high without sacrificing quality. Hiring talented content creators from an elite platform like WriterAccess is one way to accomplish this.
So is embracing alternative types of blog posts – like curation posts. Curation posts leverage the heap of great content that’s already out there by giving you a place to start. They’re great ways to establish connections with industry peers, too.
Put together great curation posts by:
- Leveraging various media types, including videos, social shares, and unique imagery
- Creating unique collections that speak to your audience’s needs and interests
- Interweaving your own brand voice and commentary where it makes sense
7. FAQ Posts
The best types of blog posts make audiences feel heard and prioritized by anticipating needs and thoroughly addressing common questions and concerns. FAQ-inspired posts are terrific for this. They’re also amazing for your on-page SEO and Google rankings.
A good FAQ post can address many questions at once, giving newcomers a great catch-all. But a better approach is often to plan a series of posts you can make over time, using each piece as an opportunity to deep-dive into related choice topics.
Help your FAQ posts stand out by:
- Scoping out SERP results for various keywords and looking for content gaps you can fill
- Referring back to conversations and interactions with your customers to come up with unique ideas for FAQ posts
- Gleaning inspiration from Google’s “people also ask” SERP feature and looking for ways to address those questions in your content
- Updating FAQ posts frequently so they continue to be solid evergreen pillar pieces for your site
- Using surveys, polls, and social media engagement to ask your readers what they want to see
WriterAccess: The Ultimate Content Creation Solution
Today’s digital-age businesses need more than just a great strategy when it comes to their content production campaigns. They also need a reliable solution for scaling content production without sacrificing quality.
WriterAccess is a premium content creation service designed with the needs of success-oriented marketing professionals and business owners in mind. Benefits and features that set it apart from all the rest include:
- Elite pre-screened writers with years of experience creating the kind of content you need
- AI-powered matchmaking tools to help you find precisely the right person
- An AI-powered idea generator to help you take the guesswork out of brainstorming topics
- Integration support for Slack, SurferSEO, WordPress, and more
- Access to winning image resources
We provide a diverse range of affordable plans meticulously crafted to suit every business type, size, and industry. Regardless of the types of blog posts they opt for, our offerings cater to their specific needs.
As you can see, there are many types of blog posts you can leverage to attract visitors, enchant audiences, and show people how your brand can help them take their lives to the next level. But sooner or later, you’ll need help getting to the top and staying there.
WriterAccess is truly the ultimate content solution for success-oriented brands interested in making an impact, topping the SERPs, and taking the guesswork out of scaling content production the right way.
Experience the difference firsthand when you sign up for your free 14-day WriterAccess trial today!