Donna H is a writer and copywriter with more than 20 years experience. Donna writes articles, web pages, blog posts, data sheets, press releases and other assignments. She particularly enjoys research-intensive assignments.
Her writing experience and specializations include legal, criminal justice issues, investigative reporting, medical, health-related issues, mental health, substance abuse and dual diagnosis, dental, news, history, landlord-tenant, insurance, global issues, business, education, women's issues, home decor, political, aging, environmental issues. She also writes about current events and antiques and collectibles.
Selected recent client feedback includes:
- Thanks so much for your hard work. You write extremely well for the content that I need.
- Excellent work and thanks for getting it to me so soon!
- Please write for us again. You got this spot on.
- This is great! I look forward to working with you again in the future.
- Excellent job. I'm adding you to my LL
Donna H worked in the criminal justice system and social service agencies for 20+ years. She worked for or networked with courts, legal and social service agencies, attorneys, parole and probation departments, adult protective services. She coordinated with Medicare, Medicaid, Veteran's Administration, private insurance companies and other agencies. She also worked as a long-term substitute teacher.
Donna H won several writing competitions and awards including:
- In the 2012 Citizen Journalism Contest, "Haiti's Earthquake: Two Years After," sponsored by Global Post and Universal Giving, Donna was awarded 3rd place.
- In 2011, she entered the "World Population Approaches 7 Billion" Contest sponsored by the Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting and Population Services International (PSI), co-sponsored by Helium. Donna had the honor of one of her submissions being selected Best Article Overall. In September 2011, PSI published her winning entry in the PSI quarterly print magazine "Impact," which PSI distributes to more than 60 countries.
- In 2008, from more than 1000 entries, Donna H won the Paul Laurence Dunbar Memorial Poetry Prize.
Donna has a B.S. degree in criminal justice, Associate of Applied Science degree in law enforcement and a second A.A.S. degree in community corrections. Her minors were political science, history, sociology and volunteerism.
Donna H always welcomes new writing opportunities.
Legal Criminal justice Investigative reporting Substance abuse and addictions issues Mental health, dual diagnosis or co-occurring disorders Medical Dental Landlord-tenant laws and issues History Education Nutrition Business Aging and elder-care Global issues Women's issues Scams Environmental Politics
Donna retired from the criminal justice and substance abuse and mental health industries to pursue a career in writing, her first passion.
Donna H is a history buff, enjoys buying and selling antiques, creating non-representational (abstract) art, music, dance and photography.
Donna enjoys her collection of more than 350 books, including some rare and first editions, with several dating to the mid 19th century.
Projects by Industry
Projects by SEO Skill
Projects by Asset Type
Projects By Expertise
Projects by Writing Style
Projects by Company Size
Samples are visible to logged in clients. It's free to get started and view this writer's full profile.
Reviews are visible to logged in clients. It's free to get started and view this writer's full profile.
Endorsements are visible to logged in clients. It's free to get started and view this writer's full profile.