CURRENT SOFTWARE PROJECTS
Peg documents her company's software, in marketing and sales materials, such as:
• Brochures and handouts.
• Trade show displays.
• Web site content.
• PowerPoint presentations.
Peg is directly involved in documenting projects to create and update software--i.e., determining and documenting requirements. She has provided user procedures to all customers for the two branches of Systrends* software--transaction management and tariff management. And has also designed and developed training materials for these products. These offerings include:
• Conference handouts for software user conferences.
• Software requirements documentation and graphical representations (e.g., structured analysis diagrams).
• Software overviews.
• Software procedures, "how-to" guides.
• Training materials.
(* PLEASE NOTE: Although using an apostrophe for the possessive form of Systrends (e.g., Systrends' software) is grammatically correct, we have eliminated the apostrophe from our materials, as it becomes distracting when used many times in one document.)
PAST SOFTWARE PROJECTS
Peg was a senior technical writer for a software company (Viasoft, Inc.) that created systems to automate analyzing and understanding COBOL logic. Working for this software company, Peg wrote:
• User-friendly "how-to" guides for all software products; these guides replaced software manuals that were overly technical and not geared to the needs of the end user.
• The company's first web site, and she was named "Development Employee of the Year" for this effort (nominated and chosen by Development Department staff).
Peg worked as a Technical Writer, Procedures Analyst, and Editor for a major financial institution in the greater Phoenix area (now Bank of America). In that capacity, Peg was the assigned writer and editor on major systems projects for deposit/check processing, savings processing, CD processing, retail and commercial loan processing, and security systems.