Summary of Experience
Exceeds Ratings and Testimonials:
“LOVE it! Thank you! I wish there were a button to click that was even higher than "Exceeds!”
--B2B Client: Marketing Client/Agency on behalf of Professional Marketing Association
--Topic: Helping Your Clients Develop a Unique USP
--Content Type: Feature Article in Marketing Newsletter
“Thanks, Kristen, the XLS file is perfect, you saved me a step! The content looks great. I know the client will love it. If you are interested in more work like this, please let me know.”
--B2B/B2C Client: Marketing Agency on behalf of Real Estate Title Company
--Topic: Re-Establish Brand Visibility and Promote New Website-Facebook and Twitter content
--Content Type: Social Media Posts
“Great, this is exactly the tie-in I was looking for. Thanks!”
--B2C Client: Law firm writing for prospective clients
--Topic: Why You Need A Will: Lessons from Prince
--Content Type: Web Page
“Finally, someone that gets it right. Thank you.”
--B2B/B2C Client: Professional photographer writing for other professional photographers and prospective customers
--Topic: Apps and Cloud Software To Help a Photography Business Stay Productive, Relevant, and Visible Through Social Media and Google
--Content Type: Blog Post
“Perfect! Thank you.”
--B2C Client: Defensive Driving Skills School appealing to prospective customers
--How To Stay Alert During a Long Road Trip
--Content Type: Article
“Excellent work. Thank you!”
--B2B Client: Marketing Client/Agency on behalf of Professional Marketing Association
--Topic: How Landing Pages Can Boost Conversion Rates
--Feature Article in Marketing Newsletter
“Great job - thank you!!”
--B2B Client: IT Servicer specializing in Healthcare and HIPAA in the Cloud
--Topic: Healthcare and HIPAA—Use Cases in the Cloud
--Content Type: Long-Form Blog Post
Kristen effortlessly turns dense, complex technical information into engaging, accessible content for a wide variety of clients on both the B2B and B2C platforms. She's written hundreds of blog posts, web pages, and social media posts for her clients across industries and on topics ranging from HIPAA compliance and cloud-based IT services in healthcare to motion control cable manufacturing and offshore sailing to Cuba.
She's skilled at crafting elegant, persuasive copy around difficult and often awkward long-tail keywords for optimum SEO competitive advantage. She tailors her writing to improve her client’s SEO and website performance within the ever-evolving Google algorithm landscape.
Kristen's extensive research and writing experience along with a passion for digital marketing and SEO strategy mean her clients get the best of both worlds when it comes to content: thoroughly researched, 100% unique content that is compelling, on point, and skillfully crafted for her client's business content strategy needs. She looks forward to helping her clients reach their content-driven goals.
2000-Present Lead Copywriter and SEO Specialist New Orleans, LA
Press Street Creative is a New Orleans-based SEO and content management company.
• Responsible for creating compelling marketing copy using various internet and print publishing platforms with a focus on SEO and SEM optimization. Content includes web pages, articles, blog posts, social media updates, emails, and press releases designed to improve search engine ratings and visibility for a wide variety of local and national clients.
2015-2016 Technical Writer Southern U.S. Region
Jones Lang Lasalle is an international commercial real estate and investment company.
• Traveled extensively throughout the southern U.S. to examine commercial asset compliance with HIPAA and ADA regulations. Created technical reports and narratives for clients as to the compliance status and corrective measures necessary for over 100 locations in less than 2.5 months.
2010-2015 Legal Copywriter and SEO Specialist New Orleans, LA
Contract legal writer for various employment and oil and gas, family, and business law firms.
• Using Relativity software, examined and analyzed oil & gas company well-site records to determine relevant information for case studies.
• Researched various family law issues regarding custody, visitation, and child support. Wrote memoranda in defense of client’s custody and visitation rights.
• Established corporate structure and prepared business filings. Researched published patents in preparation for filing a provisional patent application. Researched and drafted white papers for use in the patent process and in marketing strategy.
2012-2013 Legal Writer Belle Chasse, LA
Cossich, Sumich, Parsiola, & Taylor specializes in maritime and personal injury law and advocates for disaster victims in the BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill litigation as a member of the Plaintiff Steering Committee.
• Wrote successful memoranda in opposition to defendants’ multiple motions for summary judgment, defeating municipal and private landowner defendants’ use of recreational immunity statutes.
• Researched, drafted, and submitted case studies under the BP class action settlement utilizing land records, successions, and confidential financial documents. Drafted claims regarding corporate and individual property and economic loss claims. Calculated damages and created narratives to preserve clients’ rights against the settlement.
• Conducted legal research using Westlaw, Lexis-Nexis, and PACER for federal and state court class-action and personal injury cases and assisted partners in case management. Created and compiled exhibits and other supporting documentation in preparation for trial.
• Researched, drafted, reviewed, and filed pleadings, petitions, and subpoenas daily.
2007 - 2008 Grant Resolutions Analyst and Process Writer New Orleans, LA
First American Title Road Home Division operated as the disaster recovery agent for federally funded grants awarded to homeowners in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
• Developed the Post-Closing Resolutions department to rectify a program-wide roadblock of non-compliant grant files. Designed, drafted, and implemented department procedures and quality control processes. Acted as liaison between homeowners and the Louisiana Recovery Authority to facilitate program compliance and expedite the compensation process. Promoted to manager within 3 months.
• Directed a staff of up to ten employees and interns; worked closely with in-house and state attorneys to ensure proper compliance and disbursement of grants of up to $150,000 per homeowner.
• Drafted case studies as part of a task force with HUD Office of Inspector General to identify, prevent, and recover fraudulent grant transactions. Successfully redirected more than $500,000 in federal disaster recovery funds to the appropriate recipients. Researched and compiled evidence to document fraudulent activity. Established processes to identify program anomalies to prevent fraudulent transactions in the future.
2005-2006 Search and Rescue Lead New Orleans, LA
Disaster Response Animal Rescue was on the forefront of animal rescue post-Katrina. Worked during the flood as a first responder via boat and on foot to rescue pets and reunite them with their families.
2000 – 2007 Business Development and Marketing Manager Southwest Harbor, ME
Downeast Sloop Charters rescued, restored, and maintained traditional gaff-rigged Friendship sloops for USCG compliance and pristine charter conditions.
• Expanded in 2005 and 2006 to respond to market demand and offer three classic yachts based in Bar Harbor, Southwest, and Northeast Harbor. Managed sales and advertising. Increased revenue 250%.
1998-2001 Communications Coordinator Sugarloaf, ME
Sugarloaf Mountain is the premier ski and snowboard resort in Maine.
• Wrote press releases for Olympic-qualifying events, resort promotional materials, and daily web updates.
1997-2006 Professional Offshore Delivery and Race Crew Atlantic and Caribbean Oceans
Assisted in the delivery of sailboats on offshore journeys of one week to one month. Lived in close quarters and through extreme weather conditions on sailing vessels from 23’ to 137’ in length.
• Placed 1st in Class “D” Antigua Classic Yacht Regatta 2004. Crewed in numerous yacht races.
Loyola University New Orleans School of Law New Orleans, LA
Juris Doctor expected 2016.
• Academic Honors: Received a merit-based scholarship covering 75% tuition.
• High Grades:
• “A” in Civil Law Property I, “A” in Civil Law Property II, “A-” in First Amendment and Marine Insurance, “B+” in Sales/Leases, Community Property, and Civil Law Contracts.
2011 University of Vienna Law School Vienna, Austria
• Summer term comparative study in the European Union, international law, and conflict of laws.
2005 Saint Michael’s College Colchester, VT
• Bachelor of Arts, English Literature, 3.79 in major.
2002-2005 Board Member Southwest Harbor, ME
Southwest Harbor Chamber of Commerce. Created marketing strategy and content for Acadia National Park’s promotional effort.
2000-2001 USVI National Park Archaeology Research Cinnamon Bay, USVI
Recovered and cataloged Taino artifacts. Taught daily educational seminars on location at the dig site.
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND INTERESTS
• Fluent in Mac OS and PC platforms as well as Relativity, Westlaw, Lexis-Nexis, PACER, Pro-Law, MS Office, Wordpress, and Adobe Creative Suite software. Experience troubleshooting and rebuilding iPhone, MacBook Pro, and PC-based hardware and software.
• Licensed Maine Sea Kayak/Boat Operations Guide and Certified Emergency Animal Rescue Volunteer.