A freelance writer and content strategist for the last eight years, Alexandra is a highly skilled writer, editor, proofreader and researcher. From an educational background based in English literature and poetry, she brings a deep understanding of the artistic use of language at its most basic level. Experience in overcoming research obstacles such as language, censorship and bureaucracies, has prepared her to tackle any inquiry with creativity and depth. Drawing on a breadth of personal and professional experience, she uses original thinking to apply these skills to produce and write creative, corporate and technical materials. When editing, her attention to detail combined with a quick grasp of overall coherency allows her to respect the author’s voice and intention while steering a work toward its best possible form.
She holds a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing from the New School as well as a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from Dartmouth College. She has been honored to have been awarded a Fulbright Research Grant in creative writing.
Alexandra has a unique talent for understanding a client's needs and creating the perfect voice for the intended audience. Whether she is editing a technical manual or creating copy for a niche blog, she takes great pride in producing work of the highest caliber that will most effectively reach the target audience.
Accomplishments and expertise Includes:
• Create strategies to maximize readership and SEO, focused on front end, but also accounting for back end.
• Wrote successful proposal for the highly competitive Fulbright Grant in creative writing in Spanish and English that needed to be concise and interest a wide audience from a variety of disciplines and cultures.
• Consult on strategy, critique existing materials, develop and write copy for newsletters, brochures, sales letters, direct mail, print advertising, presentations, corporate, product sheets, mailers, press releases, case studies, comparables, contracts, advertorials and email newsletters.
• Fluent in adapting traditional media to the ever changing landscape of social and web media in order to maximize exposure and sales and create a coherent story for marketing and branding campaigns.
• Developed and managed creative content in both digital and physical publication from inception through dissemination (conception, prep, layout, writing, proofing, editing, assembling, distribution).
• Created targeted ad copy tailored to specific audiences to successfully generate results.