Patricia is new to the world of freelance writing and eager to try her hand at a variety of styles. Her professional background is in academic microbiology and clinical research, making her a particularly great fit for projects involving grants, scientific papers, exam questions, and educational resources.
She also has recent experience with and is interested in online content creation, such as web articles and blog posts. While she's happy to research most any topic, she is particularly excited to work on projects related to her hobbies and interests.
• Blog posts and web content - Contributing writer at ReadWrite; Ghostwritten roughly 150 instructional articles for a popular US-based website
• Clinical research - Thorough knowledge of trials and studies with hands-on clinical experience as a research assistant at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine; Topics of expertise include HIV/AIDS, general immune disorders, opportunistic infections, ocular immunology, and general ophthalmology
• Molecular biology - BA in Biology from New York University, 2009; Funded graduate research and study through The University of Texas at Austin's Microbiology program, 2013-2015; Graduate research focused on pathogenic bacteriology
• Grant writing - Secured $100k in federal funding through the Defense University Research Instrumentation Program (DURIP) as a junior grant writer last year; Wrote a few NIH-style practice grants during graduate studies
• Aquaria - Dwarf shrimp care and selective breeding; Planted tanks; Aquascaping; Freshwater invertebrates
• Pets - Veterinary medicine; Animal rescue; Animal psychology; Small mammal breeding and care
• Psychology - Cognitive psychology; Behavioral genetics; Autism; Mental health care accessibility
• Sequential art - Comics history; Webcomics; Indie comics
• Gaming - Role-playing games; First-person shooters; Indie video games; Tabletop games
Honors and Awards
Projects by Industry
Projects by Asset Type
Projects by Writing Style
Samples are visible to logged in clients. It's free to get started and view this writer's full profile.
Reviews are visible to logged in clients. It's free to get started and view this writer's full profile.
Endorsements are visible to logged in clients. It's free to get started and view this writer's full profile.