Summary of Experience
Paul is a small business owner and freelancer with a friendly, practical approach to understanding your needs, sharing information, and providing useful, pragmatic insight and articles.
He has many years of experience in working with organizations of all sizes with a special interest in freelancing, finance, marketing, project management, content, and business.
His skills and expertise include: project management and support; freelancing and contracting; business communications, writing, and editing; small business marketing including content creation and SEO; financial management and cashflow; data analysis and insight; planning and productivity; customer engagement, service, and satisfaction; user experience; reviews and critique of content and websites.
Freelance Writing Experience
- 15 years of experience in business communications, writing, and freelancing.
- Writing for the public, online communities, end users, business stakeholders, and technical audiences.
- Expert at breaking down complex subjects into simple, easy, practical steps that everyone can understand.
- Experienced in subjects including small business, freelancing, content creation, customer satisfaction, project management, productivity, investing, marketing, SEO, finances, and more.
- Skilled at creating images and other media to support content.
- Over 200 published articles.
Paul's skills include:
- Content creation – Writing beautiful, compelling content that makes a difference.
- Tutorial and guide creation – Outlines, content, review, collaboration and publication.
- Providing context – Creating media and sharing information to explain key points.
- Simplification – Breaking down subjects and building informative guides and tools.
- Project – Planning, managing, and delivering short and medium-term projects.
- Communications – Planning, creating, managing, and delivering information.
- Review, analysis, and critique – Objective review and analysis with constructive feedback.
- Process improvement – Understanding and changing processes to save time and effort.
- Customer experience – Understanding and enhancing the customer perspective.
- Surveys and feedback – Using feedback to identify improvements and share trends.
- Research – Asking questions, gathering information, and analyzing data to create insight.
Paul's interests include:
Communications and content
- Creating beautiful content – Creating unique, meaningful, beautiful content; understanding why and how we make content that matters.
- Communicating effectively – Communications planning and management; using the right channels; understanding your audience; getting people to act.
- Building tutorials, guides, and information – Breaking down complicated subjects; explaining the essentials of a process or approach; making things easy to understand.
- Advice for startups and freelancers – Building trust in a business; running a business; best practice; financial health; calculating rates and costs; pricing work.
- Understanding customers – Customer service; customer experience; feedback and surveys; keeping customers happy.
- Building products – Ideas; problem-solving; research; validation; building; testing.
- Creating business revenue – Monetization; blogging; consulting; speaking.
- Project management – What it is; what it does; how it works; how you can use it.
- Managing a business – Financial management; accounting; productivity.
Marketing and communities
- Effective Marketing – Pay per click advertising; content marketing; guest blogging; marketing plans; basic SEO; social media.
- Generating value in online communities – Moderation; rules and good behavior; sharing content; giving and getting value.
- Managing personal finance – Investing; financial management; credit; pay; budgets.
- Personal growth – Understanding success; work–life balance; productivity; building good habits; understanding your priorities and goals; creating positive change.
- Tabletop RPGs and board games, hockey, vegetarianism, British culture, dogs, poetry.