Ellen's marketing experience comes from creating promotional materials for Indiana County in western Pennsylvania and promotional work for her own freelance projects.
* For the county, she designed the layout and produced content for a new economic development website to give the public/private partnership a cohesive marketing identity. The five affiliate members of the partnership needed equal representation in text and graphics. Major elements of the county's profile, including demographics, industry breakdowns, school systems, history, and live and visit information also needed content. The final site had 27 landing pages, 10 secondary pages, a real estate site selection tool, a media center, and photo and video galleries.
* She also designed and wrote informational trifolds and brochures, created print ads, wrote press releases, and launched the county's first newsletter on economic development.
* She wrote and produced the county's 2013 fourth-quarter newsletter as a freelancer.
* For her own marketing, she chose, built, and created content for a WordPress website, writing text, taking/selecting photos, and blogging on marketing, print advertising, photography, and equine activities.
* She researched and created a media kit with competitive pricing and persuasive language for an annual resource guide.
* She researched and wrote a 4,000 word history and company narrative for a local process improvement organization as a freelancer (NDA prevents naming).